Tim

Default Hardwood Floors

I need some opinions. I currently have about 1700+ square feet of
carpet to replace with Hardwood floors. There are several options I
am considering.

My goal is something: 1) Cost effective 2) Low Maintenaance 3) Looks
half way decent.

Option 1) Get a professional to install prefinished hardwood floors
priced from $8.50-$10.00 a square feet. Final cost $17-20K

2) Get a professional to install unfinished floors that will need
sanding, staining, etc (the old fashioned way) End up costing about
the same $17-20K

3) Get the materials myself and have a contractor do it the old
fashioned way. $12-15K

4) Get the prefinished materials myself and have contractor install it
$9-10K

5) Do it all my self Materials 6K

Lastly, Does any one have experience with working with imported wood
from China? It cost about 30-40% less than domestic but how is the
quality and any potential issues/ concerns? Any help would be
appreciated.

Tim