Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Supreme Court

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 10:10:25 +0100, The Todal
wrote:

snip

or the arrogant Head Girl of the Lib Dems who wants to discard all Leave
voters.

What about nearly as many Remain voters. Do they cease to exist and
their point not matter, just because of a 50%+1 type result?

What would have been better for Leave would have been to stop all the
BS and lies (or not start in the first place), be honest with the
reasons and justification (or lack thereof) and just admit it was a
gamble they thought would work and should make the lives of 'most
people' better (hopefully the whole point after all).

If they couldn't convince the 1/3rd of the electorate that
specifically voted to Remain and nearly the same again who didn't vote
at all (many like me who wouldn't because there was 1) no reason to
vote Leave but not sure if Leave *might* be better for 'most people')
then this would have been a done deal by now and we would all be
enjoying the benefits, or all (at least) suffering in the same boat.

An Uncle was offered double glazing many years ago and the first quote
was £20K or summat. He said it was too much so they went away and came
back with £12k. 'Still too much' so they came back with their
super-special-supervisor-approved-deal of £8k but he said 'Nope, too
expensive, I can't afford it' (he could). It went quiet for a few
weeks then they contacted him with a 'managers deal' of £6k and he
told them to fcuk off.

The point being if they could have done it in the first place for £6k
then why didn't they offer it to him at that in the first place? (we
know the answer of course).

And it's like Brexit, if they had started off with some truths, truths
that would really affect most people in the positive (not what was
considered BS by some then and has been proved to be so by many more
since) then maybe, just maybe more people would have listened and more
of the millions that didn't vote at all may have voted for Leave?

Of course, if there are no genuine (rather than fanatics on a crusade
or racist / blinkered / clairvoyant etc) reasons to Leave ...

Cheers, T i m