Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default BBC live delay ?

In article ,
says...

Now to take this a stage further(which I wont) could I argue I dont need
a licence to watch it on my desktop as it is not accurately live but
running about half minute later?

No.

In the last couple of days this has been dicussed at length on
uk.tech.digital-tv in the thread 'CRT TV sets as used by the
poor'

In this case it was why someone using a VCR with a black and
white TV was required to buy a colour TV licence.

This was, presumably, because a colour recording might be
replayed at a later date on a colour TV.

The time difference between transmission and viewing (in
colour) would be many times longer than your half minute!

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com