Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BBC live delay ?

On 26/09/2019 10:01, Tricky Dicky wrote:
WiFi certainly causes delays. We have a Sky Q box and a couple of
mini Q boxes, these communicate with each other over WiFi and the
mini boxes have a distinct delay when watching the same programme,
that delay can be several seconds.

Richard

Shouldn't be an issue with wifi: more an issue with the software drivers
in the cards.

But that cannot be. People play real time games over wifi.
No its buffering in the players. I suspect they do quality probes and
bufer depoending on link qiality aor speed.

--
€śThere are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isnt true; the
other is to refuse to believe what is true.€ť

€”Soren Kierkegaard