Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default BBC live delay ?

On 26/09/2019 00:00, ss wrote:
We were both watching PM question time tonight (wed)
Me on my desktop and she on laptop.
Desktop has cable connection,Â* laptop wifi.
The desktop was running about half minute behind the laptop.

How come, I would have thought both would be running at the same time.

Is this normal?

It could be..

are you running the same resolution on both?
there is a big difference between HD and SD streams.

Now to take this a stage further(which I wont) could I argue I dont need
a licence to watch it on my desktop as it is not accurately live but
running about half minute later?

You can try but I doubt if you would win.