Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default scamming *******s

ss wrote:

On 24/09/2019 18:58, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... used his keyboard to write :
phone call from 'Thomas Cook refund agent' going to give me a refund
on the holiday I have purchased (no I haven't) just need my card
details and 3 digit number on back to refund me

A bit of a flood of blocked calls on my landline, from spoofed numbers,
I wonder if it was part of the scam..

I did get a message in my bank account (so genuine not an email) that if
I had booked a holday with TC to contact them (or words to that effect)

So did I. I wonder if the credit card banks are worried they will take
a very bit loss on TC refunds?

--

Roger Hayter