Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default What's a ballpark price for replacing a small combi?

On 25/09/2019 21:03, wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 20:33:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
Given that the boiler is about £500, does a total of £2000 for
installing it in place of an existing boiler seem reasonable?

I'd expect it to be a /bit/ less than that if it's a straight swap and the condensate drain, controls, etc are all already in place, and external ladder work isn't needed.

I've taken a look at mine (Ideal Logic combi), expecting it to fail some
time soon.

A direct replacement doesn't look too difficult judging by the
installation manual. Has anyone tried it, and left the commissioning and
gas connection to somebody qualified?

And how much might the commissioning be?

--
Cheers, Rob