Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y
abelard abelard is offline

Default Supreme Court

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 17:30:19 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , abelard
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 13:29:07 +0100, "Dan S. MacAbre"
wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dan S. MacAbre
wrote:

abelard wrote:
On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 11:14:53 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

The EU didn't the UK chose too.
If the EU had said we were going metric why do will still use miles?

because they couldn't work out the conversion

I think they need to decimalise Time itself.* The whole hours,
minutes, seconds thing is too illogical.* Then there is the mess that
is the two systems of angular measurement; each of them completely
ridiculous. :-)

We should also fix the length of the second so that there's a whole
number of them in the year.

If there isn't already, then yes, we ought to do that, too.

as long as we speed up the earth orbit is corrected to keep up

The second will have to get longer each year, sure. No doubt the
Supreme Court can ordain that.

it is good to see the increasing rise of practical common sense
in this forum
i prefer adjusting the orbit, thus allowing those who believe in
the sacrosanct nature of the long honoured second be not
conflicted in their noble religion nor daunted in their loyalty
to mother earth

--
www.abelard.org