Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Supreme Court

On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 15:57:34 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 14:48:35 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 14:05:44 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , Tim
Streater wrote:
That you try to insist that somehow the referendum is different
from ordinary elections in that the pre-election bumf must be
100% accurate and must be complete and cover all possible
eventualities. Only a fool would expect that.

You don't see any difference between a once in a lifetime decision,
and one which can be reversed every 5 years or less?

Define a lifetime as that varies depending on culture and life
expectance of the country.

rather like a twenty year old newspaper writing "within living memory".
That means "I've never heard of it"

it usually means the editor, owner or the journalists living memory.
Although it could be within the living memory of the oldest person they
know.

I agree, but it rarely is. If I can remember things which, according to
the newspaper, are not within living memory, then they haven't done their
research very well.

Do you remeber building stonehendge.

or perhaps you could give me an example.

But the term wasn't within living memory regarding voting to be in europe, the phrase was closer to once in a lifetime vote, nothing about memory.

I do NOT remeber voting to join or to be in the EEC in the 1970s although it is within my living memory.