Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Supreme Court

On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 15:57:33 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 14:46:38 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
You don't see any difference between a once in a lifetime decision,
and one which can be reversed every 5 years or less?

Define a lifetime as that varies depending on culture and life
expectance of the country. And GE's don't reverse decisions every 5
years or less.

Ask one of your students to explain to you what 'can' means.

I know what can means it what you call reverse confuses me. When voting
in a GE there;s little option to reverse anything you just vote for an
individual or party nothing about reversing anything.

Maggies did a U turn is that reversing?

Government changing from Con to Lab or vice versa is often a reversal

I don't call that a reversal, sure it's a change in politics but it;s not a reversal. What might be possible is to reverse Brexit which means we'll go back to being in the EU with the same deals as we had before we left.
I doubt both labour and/or conservative parties will reverse into what they were campaigning for in 2016 and I doubt the consertavive govenment will reverse and have cameron as their leader, and every other memeber of the parties reverse to who was in the job in 2016.
Presently the world can only go in one direction (not the group) and we can't reverse time either.