Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Supreme Court

abelard wrote:
On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 13:29:07 +0100, "Dan S. MacAbre"
wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dan S. MacAbre
wrote:

abelard wrote:
On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 11:14:53 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

The EU didn't the UK chose too.
If the EU had said we were going metric why do will still use miles?

because they couldn't work out the conversion

I think they need to decimalise Time itself.* The whole hours,
minutes, seconds thing is too illogical.* Then there is the mess that
is the two systems of angular measurement; each of them completely
ridiculous. :-)

We should also fix the length of the second so that there's a whole
number of them in the year.

If there isn't already, then yes, we ought to do that, too.

as long as we speed up the earth orbit is corrected to keep up

Whatever it takes, I say.

And this business of ? being 3.142 etc is rubbish too. We should pass a
law that it be 3.0 exactly.

Indeed. Who on Earth decided that pi would be an irrational number?
Perverse and, er, irrational. :-)

Actually, I believe that someone somewhere did (and fairly recently)
legislate that pi be equal to 3. I prefer an even number, myself.