Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pancho Pancho is offline

Default OT Wind turbines Cheering news forTurNiP

On 25/09/2019 00:34, newshound wrote:
On 24/09/2019 21:38, Cynic wrote:
On 24/09/2019 19:11, harry wrote:
Â*Â*https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49804455

One interesting observation from the reports on the recent power cut was
just how much area the Hornsey windfarm covers. OK, it's around a GW so
quite a useful amount of generation. But what can we get if we cover the
North Sea and the Irish Sea with them?

Massive electricity costs?

I'm prepared to believe that offshore wind might get down towards
nuclear, even allowing for load factor, on the decades timescale. I'd
still go for fracking, myself, even with a carbon tax. I don't
personally hold much hope for swinging back to nuclear much before the
end of the century, although I would like to be proved wrong. All
depends on China really.

Well have fusion by then, I think I heard someone say that we'll have it
within 30 years )