Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y
Incubus[_2_] Incubus[_2_] is offline

Default Supreme Court

On 2019-09-25, charles wrote:
In article , Incubus
wrote:
On 2019-09-24, michael adams wrote:

"Incubus" wrote in message

Being told which weights and measures we can use, enforced by law, has
long been a sticking point and one example of how EU legislation
affects people directly.

Indeed.

Why would anyone want to use the same weights and measures as their
major trading partners ?

Its political correctness gone mad,

If I go to the shop to buy a pound of cheese having my whole life used
imperial measures, and my trading partner at the counter having his whole
life used imperial measures is happy to weigh out a pound of cheese, why
should the EU tell us we have to use metric weights?

Did the EU tell us - or was it DEFRA (or its previous incarnation) that
added this little bit?

Council Directive 80/181/eec.