Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default Supreme Court

On 24/09/2019 23:14, Steve Walker wrote:
On 24/09/2019 22:11, dennis@home wrote:
On 24/09/2019 15:47, abelard wrote:
On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 14:41:53 +0100, "dennis@home"

What proof is there that the intention was to muzzle?

five weeks instead of five days is enough for normal people.

certainly it took less than that to try to block the
Â*Â*Â* democratic vote to leave

and to block and election ...twice...

What do you expect?
if they let boris call an election he will use it to stop the HoC from
debating stuff.
Nobody trust him not to choose halloween for election day which he
could do if they voted to allow an election.

As I have said numerous times, if they genuinely feared that, there was
no need to legislate to block a no deal Brexit, no need to force a
request for an extension, when all they needed to do was legislate to
allow Boris to call an election, but with the date fixed by the
legislation. That they did not shows that they were intent on blocking
no deal, even if the public might vote for the Conservatives and give
them a mandate for it.

So now you think it would be a good idea for parliament to set the dates
for general elections.
That doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

We have already seen he will use illegal prorogue to try and stifle
debate and he will use an election to do the same.

Its what happens when the HoC doesn't trust the PM.

Only brexiteers appear to not understand this and claim doing
something to prevent undemocratic action to be undemocratic.
But as we have seen if its in their favour its democratic and if it
isn't its undemocratic. Such is the minds of brexiteers.

See the solution above.

See that its not a solution above.

SteveW