Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default Supreme Court

On 24/09/2019 22:56, Norman Wells wrote:
On 24/09/2019 21:39, dennis@home wrote:
On 24/09/2019 16:44, Steve Walker wrote:

There is a huge difference between wanting to repatriate control to
the UK and MPs ignoring the result of a domestic referendum.
Returning sovereignty to parliament was never intended to overrule a
democratic vote by the people.

but that's how our democracy works, mps do what's best for the country.
unlike boris,

Then why won't they vote for a general election?Â* We have a government
in office but not in power.Â* It's stymied at every turn.Â* It is being
prevented from governing.Â* The best for the country is to have a general
election.Â* Why are they so reluctant to have one?

We have been through this, if they call a general election then boris
gets to decide when and he will abuse it to his advantage.

They said they will support a GE after a suitable extension to brexit is
agreed so boris can't just dissolve parliament for however long he
decides to take on an election.

I have no doubt that if an extension is agreed boris will not be calling
for an election. Neither will the brexiteers.