Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default Supreme Court

On 24/09/2019 22:26, Steve Walker wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Steve Walker wrote:
There is a huge difference between wanting to repatriate control to the
UK and MPs ignoring the result of a domestic referendum. Returning
sovereignty to parliament was never intended to overrule a democratic
vote by the people.

Really? You want to redefine sovereignty too now?

When parliament has specifically asked the question of the people, yes.
We normally elect MPs to take make most decisions on our behalf, but
when those MPs ask us in a referendum, that they have stated that they
will abide by, then the people's decision should be final.

SteveW

But things haven't gone as the leave campaign said it would so there
should be the opportunity for the people to decide if they still want to
continue even though those that voted leave can't even agree amongst
themselves.