Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Supreme Court

"Norman Wells" wrote in message
On 24/09/2019 21:39, dennis@home wrote:
On 24/09/2019 16:44, Steve Walker wrote:

There is a huge difference between wanting to repatriate control to the
UK and MPs ignoring the result of a domestic referendum. Returning
sovereignty to parliament was never intended to overrule a democratic
vote by the people.

but that's how our democracy works, mps do what's best for the country.
unlike boris,

Then why won't they vote for a general election?

Because they know that boris would be free to have
it after 29-Oct and given the purdur rule, would be
free to let Article 50 expire and have a no deal brexit.

We have a government in office but not in power. It's stymied at every
turn.

Thats not accurate with other than brexit law.
The parliament hasnt even stopped boris from
taking precautions in case a no deal brexit happens.

It is being prevented from governing.

Nope, just from not asking for an extension.

The best for the country is to have a general election.

Thats very arguable.

Why are they so reluctant to have one?

Because Labour knows they would do very badly an that
Corbyn could well get the bums rush as labour leader.