Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Supreme Court

On 24/09/2019 21:39, dennis@home wrote:
On 24/09/2019 16:44, Steve Walker wrote:
On 24/09/2019 14:02, dennis@home wrote:
8

I suppose Leave supporters do have difficulty with literacy.

If you missed Lady Hale's speech this morning here it is.

I heard her speech.

The reconvening of parliament is in Bercow's hands
The introduction of legislation is in Bercow's hands, and parliaments.
The government has no majority.
But Parliament will not hold an election.
The full horror of Blairs attack on democracy and its institutions
is now apparent

Its democracy Jim, but not as brexiteers want.

TNP was saying parliamentary democracy was the reason he voted leave
so now what does he want to vote for?

There is a huge difference between wanting to repatriate control to
the UK and MPs ignoring the result of a domestic referendum. Returning
sovereignty to parliament was never intended to overrule a democratic
vote by the people.

SteveW

but that's how our democracy works, mps do what's best for the country.
unlike boris,

If MPs agree to ask the people and to abide by the result, deciding not
to honour it afterwards should not be an option.

SteveW