Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Supreme Court

Norman Wells wrote:
On 24/09/2019 21:20, James Hammerton wrote:

The government could try to force a general election by calling a VoNC
in itself, but that risks a new government being formed by the
opposition with no guarantee of an election any time soon.

The carrying of a vote of no confidence with no reversal withing 14 days
is a general election, which the country desperately needs.

There is only the risk of a new government if another party is elected
with a larger majority.

How long a coalition of disgruntled Tories, a rather fractious Labour
party, the Lib Dems and the nationalists can keep going might be
questioned though.

Whilst I could see such a government lasting long enough to secure the
A50 extension they want, ISTM is unlikely to hang together for very long
after that.

Doing that however might be all they need to do to draw out Brexit for a
very long time. If the EU were to e.g. propose a 2 year extension, ISTM
that would probably be supported by a majority in the present Parliament.

If we have a general election all that can change.

Why do you think Corbyn is running so scared of one?

He knows he is toast.

Brexit aside, his 32 hour working week is enough to scare his supporters.
The thought of having to actually work that long will stop them voting for
him. ;-)