Posted to alt.home.repair
\[email protected] \Retired@Home.com is offline

Default OT. Medicare ?

On 9/24/19 4:41 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 23 Sep 2019 17:21:48 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

I need to sign up for Medicare in the next couple months and was
wondering if anyone had words of wisdom to offer.

And one more thing, Medicare doesn't apply when you are out of the USA,
and aiui all of the supplemental plans only apply when Medicare applies.

snip

While Medicare itself does not cover outside the US, some Medigap
"letter" plans do provide *emergency* coverage outside the US.

This from
https://www.medicare.gov/supplements...medigap-travel

"Medigap coverage outside the U.S.

If you have Medigap Plan C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, M or N, your plan:

Covers foreign travel emergency care if it begins during the first
60 days of your trip, and if Medicare doesn't otherwise cover the care.

Pays 80% of the billed charges for certain Medically necessary
emergency care outside the U.S. after you meet a $250 Deductible for the
year.

Foreign travel emergency coverage with Medigap policies has a lifetime
limit of $50,000.

Find out before you go

Before you travel outside the U.S., talk with your Medigap plan or
insurance agent to get more information about your Medigap coverage
while traveling."

Even with that, it is still good to get medical travel insurance for any
NON-emergency need that may arise. When I went to the UK 3 years ago, I
got a good travel & health policy for less than $300 at age 72.