Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default OT. Medicare ?

On 9/24/2019 11:11 AM, wrote:

And if he is eligble, what happens when he travels to other parts of the
country?Â* I have no idea if that is a problem.Â*Â*Â* I think I got letters
from them and that was part of the reason it took me 2 extra months to
decide.

Here is what the "Medicare and You" handbook says at the 6th bullet down
on page 59 at
https://www.medicare.gov/sites/defau...-and-you_0.pdf

"What do I pay?
Your out-of-pocket costs in a Medicare Advantage Plan depend on:

€¢ Whether you get services from a network provider or a provider that
doesnt contract with the plan. If you go to a doctor, other health care
provider, facility, or supplier that doesnt belong to the plans
network for non-emergency or non-urgent care services, your services may
not be covered, or your costs could be higher. In most cases, this
applies to Medicare Advantage HMOs and PPOs."

There are rules to cover such cases of what is, in essence, emergency
care. They will be specifically spelled out in each plan.