Posted to alt.home.repair
\[email protected] \Retired@Home.com is offline

Default OT. Medicare ?

On 9/24/19 3:35 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/24/2019 12:33 PM, Frank wrote:

AARP is an insurance salesman but does not sell their own insurance.
I object to this as they should have seniors best interests at heart
but their executives are compensated by the insurance company which
has the insurance company's best interest at heart.

This is true.Â* But. . . .
In nine years my wife has had hundreds of thousands of $$$ in medical
bills. rehab, hospice.Â* My cost aside from the premium was $0.Â* My time
to do paperwork or appeal claims is 0 minutes.Â* The premium cost
compared to others was the same or slightly less.

I have no complaints and will not change.

My son had a medical equipment business.Â* He billed medicare, various
insurance companies, patients.Â* The fastest pay was UHC.

I don't know how they are as an independent insurance company but as a
Medicare supplement with AARP they do a fine job.

UHC, as a Medigap supplement insurer, MUST pay its 20% if Medicare pays
its 80% of a claim. No questions asked.

This applies to all Medigap plans. They cannot deny claims under
Medigap, like they can with a Part C Advantage plan.