Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk[_2_] Leon Fisk[_2_] is offline

Default wires are metal ...

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 10:44:55 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
I prioritize my troubleshooting sequence partly by how quick and easy
the tests are with available equipment. How would you check for an
intermittent speaker wire short to ground?

Well Snag says it has four speakers. Maybe two in front and two in
back...

I would disconnect say the rear pair at the radio plug and see if it
still happens. If not try vice-versa...

When I was still working on radios years ago some speakers were tied
directly to DC voltage/amp circuit. No output transformer and no inline
capacitor. They had to be isolated from each other and ground or
trouble would ensue...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI