Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default EasyLifting Stair Lift Removal, anyone?

newshound used his keyboard to write :
The seat is pretty heavy though. No problem for a reasonably fit man who is
used to mechanical handling.

The seat is very heavy. It is a little lighter with the two batteries
removed. The advice I have read before, is to remove the end caps and
the plastic stop trigger, from the top and wind it straight off the
track at the top. Looking at my lift, I would think it would be easier
to just wind it off at the bottom end, assuming that is the ground
floor, maybe even releasing the lowest track fixing if necessary so it
has room to come off. The are supplied with an emergency manual winding
handle, for use when the electrics fail.