Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT ? truck electrical problem

On 09/24/2019 06:56 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
'm really puzzled by this , from the way the fuse was spattered it's got
to be a dead short to ground . I think it very unlikely that the new
radio/CD unit is bad - the old one did work when I replaced the fuse ,
for a few miles same as the new unit . This is an '86 GMC pickup , I'm
hoping someone here might be aware of a known problem area that I might
check ... I gotta have tunes !

What else is on that fuse? Does it still blow if a radio isn't connected?

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/sm...?topic=11766.0

'radio' isn't jumping out at me but your eyes might be better.