Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default EasyLifting Stair Lift Removal, anyone?

On 24/09/2019 14:01, Andrew wrote:
On 24/09/2019 12:10, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Roger Mills explained on 24/09/2019 :
I could potentially dismantle it myself, and take it to the tip but
bits of it are likely to be pretty heavy and I don't wish to risk
injury either to myself or to the property. So my preference would be
to get this firm to remove it as long as they're not going to wreck
the joint in the process.

Hence my original question.

If its in working order, and a straight run, why not sell it?

The straight runs are easiest to remove, the most common and the most
saleable. Removal is just a matter of dropping the seat off the rail,
releasing/ dismantling the rail. Not difficult.

Sometimes they use some sort of hammer-in fixings that are
a nightmare to remove.

Roll pins. Used on curved ones, mine were not easy to get out, you need
to have good punches, and confidence.