Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default EasyLifting Stair Lift Removal, anyone?

On 24/09/2019 10:57, Roger Mills wrote:
This company https://www.stairliftsremoval.co.uk/ has been mentioned
once or twice in earlier threads on stair lift removal. Do any of you
have any actual experience of them?

A friend of mine has a Stannah Model 260 Sadler which she needs to get
rid of. It was installed for use by her husband, who is now in a care
home. She has decided to downsize, and needs the stairlift gone in order
to sell the house.

Stannah not only won't give her anything for it, but they want £350 to
remove it.

Talk to other local disabled suppliers locally. You should be able to
find one that will take it away for nothing - that is what I did. I'm
afraid you have to count your fingers before and after every encounter.

The odd one might even give you a tenner for it.

The company linked to above also won't give her anything for it - but
they'll remove it for free. Presumably they'll get some revenue by
recycling parts of it.

If there are a decent number of houses exactly the same shape they may
be able to reuse the track otherwise the track is just so much scrap
metal but the motorised chair can get reused. When you buy one you get
the option of a second hand unit or new.

I could potentially dismantle it myself, and take it to the tip but bits
of it are likely to be pretty heavy and I don't wish to risk injury
either to myself or to the property. So my preference would be to get
this firm to remove it as long as they're not going to wreck the joint
in the process.

Hence my original question.

It is annoying that they become essentially worthless once installed.
Typically you are in a hurry to sort it out afterwards and working
remotely so they know that they have you over a barrel.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown