Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Medicare ?

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 21:26:18 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/23/2019 6:21 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â*Â*Â* I need to sign up for Medicare in the next couple months and was
wondering if anyone had words of wisdom to offer.

Medicare itself is easy and can be done on line. Just Medicare leaves
you open to a lot of costs for the other 20% not covered.

You have choices for supplements. Plan F is best but may be
discontinued but Plan G is next best. You will pay about $200 to $225 a
month for it but coverage is excellent. No co-pays and any doctor you
want. Choice depends on your health and tolerance to deductibles.

I see others are touting Medicare Advantage plans. Be careful. There
are a lot of deductibles and co-pays. A co-worker was bragging how much
money they save with it. Husband got sick and needed a $400/month
medication not covered. Its a crap shoot.

OTOH, one of my wife's hospital stays was over $200K and my cost was $0
with a United Healthcare plan F supplement.

Like I said, do you feel lucky?