Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Gattett Wade Gattett is offline

Default OT. Medicare ?

On 9/23/19 6:21 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â*Â*Â* I need to sign up for Medicare in the next couple months and was
wondering if anyone had words of wisdom to offer.

Consider a Medicare Advantage HMO plan- as long as a good HMO is
available in your area.

Most have Rx coverage, no "supplement" plan is needed, emphasize
preventative care, and usually it's one-stop shopping when you need to
see the doc...lab, xray, pharmacy, etc., in the building.

Kaiser Permanente has been the top-rated HMO for many years where I live
and I've generally been happy with the quality of care I've received. I
was also with them for a long time before I went on Medicare.

But lately they've been hiring a ton of fresh-out physicians from
foreign medical schools in regions I'd hardly consider centers of
medical excellence. We'll have to see how it goes.

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?