Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default OT Reasons to leave the EUSSR

On 23/09/2019 16:41, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 16:09:22 +0000, Spike
wrote:

snip

It wasn't (actually) a vote for who want's to carry on doing the same,
it was a vote for who want's to change.

It was a ballot paper with one question on it, the answers to which
were a choice between LEAVE and REMAIN.

Oh dear ... you binary brainers must miss so much of the analogue
world that is out there? It's night or day for you isn't it, no dusk
and dawn or dull or bright. ;-(

What ballot paper did you see, then? On mine there was one question on
it, the answers to which were a choice between LEAVE and REMAIN. I
didn't see Anna Logue there anywhere.

Where is this 'change' you keep banging on about? Both responses include
'change', merely different sorts.

Idiot.

Getting too close to exposing your shortcomings, am I?

Change means doing something different. No change means carrying on
doing the same.

....even if change is taking place.

Many of those who voted Remain
did so not because they knew remaining was the best thing for 'most
people' but because they didn't know Leaving was either and the risks
with Leaving were greater.

That's even sillier than you normally seem to manage.

Yes Rod.

You seem to be detaching yourself from reality.

Unfortunately, many Brexiteers *THINK* they
*KNOW* that Leaving *WILL* be best for (at least) *THEM* and that's
all that seems to count.

I think your agenda is showing.

Not to you it wouldn't, you couldn't find it if it was in a paper bag.

You seem to be detaching yourself from reality.

The ONLY vote that would make any difference was the Leave vote.

Why? By staying in, the EU could walk all over us if they wanted.

Yes, loads of things *could* happen if we stay in, a big difference
being we would still have a say in them.

That worked well over the last 40 years, didn't it?

Their attitude is summed up in Juncker's spiteful comment "If you leave,
we will hurt you"

Cancelled by �350M/week to the NHS instead.

Whoever wants to belong to that bully-boy outfit?

2/3rds of the electorate apparently, who didn't answer the poll with
Leave.

2/3rds of the electorate didn't answer the poll with Remain.

Only 1/3rd of the electorate voted *for* that, for the change.

Keep telling yourself that those that don't vote, vote for your side -
it's silly enough for you to believe.

Never said that at all.

"2/3rds of the electorate apparently, who didn't answer the poll with Leave"

What I said and have only said is facts.

Keep telling yourself that.

We were in the EU so the *focus* is on doing something else.
So, the poll was asking who would like to do that (or it should have
been, till it was *******ised).
People don't always (bother to) vote for what they already have,
especially if they aren't sure of all the variables.

These are the variables that you were saying above didn't exist because
they weren't voting for change?

The only people who would see it any other way (other than the way it
actually was) are those who don't give a fcuk about doing what 'the
people' wanted and 2/3rds of 'the people' didn't state they wanted
that change (to leave).

2/3rds of the electorate didn't answer the poll with Remain.

In fact, nearly as many who answered the poll
to Leave, specifically answered it to Remain, not bad considering how
people don't vote for what they already have and how many may have
believed the blatant leave lies.

Laughable.

Anyway, you are Rod so I'm out.

I think you've lost touch with reality.