Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default OT Reasons to leave the EUSSR

In article ,
Spike wrote:

Those who voted remain or abstained knew exactly what they were voting
for. The status quo.

I can't find a single Remainer who knows what rules, regulation,
directives, and other edicts have been imposed on the UK by the EU since
the second Referendum in 2016, so to say 'they know what they voted for'
is disingenuous at best. You can describe that as 'the status quo ' if
you wish, but it doesn't changed their ignorance.

I take it you then know every single 'edict' which has been 'imposed' on
the UK since 2016, then? If not, you must be ignorant too.

I don't have to, because I'm not the one who said "Those who voted
remain or abstained knew exactly what they were voting for", which is
what I was responding to by asking why the Remain people knew what they
were voting for, when none of them can list anything that has been
imposed on the UK by the EU since the second referendum in June 2106.

The third who voted leave can't even agree among
themselves what this means now. So surely fair to assume many voted on
what the leave campaign promised them? And since so few of those promises
seem attainable in the light of experience, how can you know how they'd
vote now?

What would be 'fair' is to honour the result of the second Referendum.
The EU offered a deal, it was rejected multiple times by Parliament. The
only thing left on the table is a no-deal Brexit.

Oddly, not even Boris is that defeatist. Unless he is lying again too.

So, can *any* Remainer tell us of the rules, regulation, directives,
etc, that have come our way from the EU since June 2016?

Thought not, yet here we are being lumbered with the claptrap that "We
were voting for the status quo" when they have no idea what that status
quo was or how it has changed since then.

--
Spike