Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Why install a septic tank with main drainage available?

Well, around my way new builds do have their rain going into gulleys which
run into the sewer via a drain, so although not connected the intention ii
so obviously that they should go that way.
I wonder if this is worrying the original poster, why not just be nosey and
ask? I think I would.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Graeme" wrote in message
In message , Chris Hogg
writes

Something like this perhaps?
https://tinyurl.com/y4ktvchk

Chris, brilliant. Whilst I have no idea what is below ground level, the
two parts above ground look exactly like those visible in the garden.

So, the answer seems to be, it is a soakaway for rainwater, installed
because, now being a new build, the rainwater cannot enter the general
foul water sewer.

Thanks all!

--
Graeme