Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Why install a septic tank with main drainage available?

Many years ago I had an extra downpipe put on my house at the front when new
guttering was fitted as there are only down pipes into the sewer at the ends
of a terrace of four. The problem was the rain came over the top on my head
at the front door,. Its been there for many years and its loved by a large
flowering camelia planted there. A while back a council bloke comes around
and looks at it and says, that's not legal mate, it if you were fitting it
today that plant would come out and you would need a proper soak away or
pipe to the sewers there. I ignored him of course and nothing came of it,
and the shrub has continued to flourish!

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 16:03:00 +0100, Graeme
wrote:

In message , Chris Hogg
writes

https://tinyurl.com/y5ypz7dx

Looking at the link supplied by Chris, the bits sticking out of the
ground look exactly like the illustration of a Klargester Gamma (top
row, 4th from right) although there are two of them, both black.

I don't walk the dog the same walk every day, so missed the bit between
a large hole and all covered, but I seriously doubt there was time for a
drainage field to be constructed, and not enough space anyway. I think
a soakaway for rainwater sounds promising, and will look for other clues
when next going past - but would a soakaway have those two corrugated
bits above ground level?

Something like this perhaps? https://tinyurl.com/y4ktvchk
Soakaways are commonly constructed with crates these days, a bit like
milk crates. https://tinyurl.com/y2bxykap The bits sticking up are
inspection covers, although what there is to inspect, I don't know.

--

Chris