Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why install a septic tank with main drainage available?

On 22/09/2019 16:57, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 16:03:00 +0100, Graeme
wrote:

In message , Chris Hogg
writes

https://tinyurl.com/y5ypz7dx

Looking at the link supplied by Chris, the bits sticking out of the
ground look exactly like the illustration of a Klargester Gamma (top
row, 4th from right) although there are two of them, both black.

I don't walk the dog the same walk every day, so missed the bit between
a large hole and all covered, but I seriously doubt there was time for a
drainage field to be constructed, and not enough space anyway. I think
a soakaway for rainwater sounds promising, and will look for other clues
when next going past - but would a soakaway have those two corrugated
bits above ground level?

Something like this perhaps? https://tinyurl.com/y4ktvchk
Soakaways are commonly constructed with crates these days, a bit like
milk crates. https://tinyurl.com/y2bxykap The bits sticking up are
inspection covers, although what there is to inspect, I don't know.

to see when the soakaway is clogged with silt

--
"Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and
higher education positively fortifies it."

- Stephen Vizinczey