Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default CHICAGO TOOL FLOOR DRILL PRESS, 16 SPEED QUALTY!

On 9/21/2019 8:28 PM, ads wrote:
On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 14:44:41 -0500, dpb wrote:

As for eBay and heavy equipment I bought JLG 40H 40-ft boom manlift via
eBay almost 20 yr ago now. At the time the lift was in Chicago, the
broker in Florida and I in SW KS. Still using it; right now daily as
we're finishing up the house remodel and for second story work it's been
priceless. One of the biggest $5K bargains I've ever had. First got it
when started reroofing the 40-ft height barn.

It weighs something over 12,000 lb...and looks like this one
http://www.aerialsales.com/jlg-jlg-40h-manlift-16.html

If I had a friend with one of those, I'd never hire a tree service
again ;-)

It has served the purpose a number of times, yes, and certainly beats
most alternatives altho the bulk makes a little difficult at times to
get where one needs to be. The absolutely key thing to remember with
these is unlike electrical service boom trucks, the platform on these is
_NOT_ insulated so must _NOT_ even think about trying to get close to
live lines...