Posted to rec.woodworking
ads[_2_] ads[_2_] is offline

Default CHICAGO TOOL FLOOR DRILL PRESS, 16 SPEED QUALTY!

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 16:14:01 +0000, spweb
m wrote:

replying to Chris, spweb wrote:
eBay is not good place to buy such heavy machines... I will prefer buying from
Amazon instead!

That very much depends on where you are and what you're buying.

I've ordered things where I knew the combined package weight was
greater than I wanted to handle, but I can open boxes on the porch and
bring things in as I can carry them. For things well over 100lbs,
I'll have a cart out and take it to the UPS truck. The driver won't
complain ;-)

Even bigger things? You need to know what delivery options you have
before you buy.

Because the local area is semi-solar-friendly, people buy houses with
solar power on the roof and then want it off. Great deals on
2-year-old solar panels and sometimes on batteries. I have a pickup
so I can move solar panels and batteries easily. Most of my "Wait
until daylight" solar-charged backup power system (solar generator)
was acquired used, much of it at less than $0.50 on the dollar of new
cost.

Check all the options and then put together what works for you. I'm
typing on a 12 year old Dell laptop because I like the keyboard and
display (it's what I write books on) and replacement laptops are $100
or less - I've been cloning the hard drive (now an SSD) when I need to
move to a bigger drive. First "End of civilization as we know it"
novel is he https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LVU5ILA
1700 buyers can't all be wrong ;-)