Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default My garage has an Asbestolux? ceiling.

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 14:14:54 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 21/09/2019 07:55, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:56:15 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Friday, 20 September 2019 13:43:29 UTC+1, Mike Halmarack wrote:
So do the other 27 flat owners in this block, as far as I'm aware.
I want to work in the garage, so can I have it plastered over, or does
it need to be removed completely?
A very nice old neighbour told me I should let sleeping dogs lie.
But then, I don't think he wants to tinker about in his garage.

It's only a hazard if it's releasing fibres. As long as it stays intact it's ok. Paint or plaster help seal it up.

NT

Can ayone recommend the most suitable paint for this purpose?
That is perhaps one with an empahsis on it's sealing, barrier-like
qualities rather than decorativeness?

SBR is designed for bonding cementitious materials. Often used as a
admix for waterproofing and as a bonding agent, it also can be applied
after as a sealer, tanking agent, or anywhere you need stuff stuck
together with something that penetrates. (I find it very good for fixing
loose skim coat on plaster for example).

E.g.

https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/...-box-of-4.html

I'll give that a go. Can I paint on top? White for extra light.
--

Richard Treen

---