Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default CHICAGO TOOL FLOOR DRILL PRESS, 16 SPEED QUALTY!

On 9/21/2019 4:31 AM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 9/20/2019 11:56 AM, dpb wrote:
On 9/20/2019 11:14 AM, spweb wrote:
replying to Chris, spweb wrote:
eBay is not good place to buy such heavy machines...

Nonsense!
And a drill press is hardly a "heavy machine"..

It depends.
Euro Tool DRL-300.00Â*Â*Â* 12 lbs.
USI USRD64-5Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* 8,580 lb.

Chuckles...yea, _can_ be but the typical HF isn't so much.

As for eBay and heavy equipment I bought JLG 40H 40-ft boom manlift via
eBay almost 20 yr ago now. At the time the lift was in Chicago, the
broker in Florida and I in SW KS. Still using it; right now daily as
we're finishing up the house remodel and for second story work it's been
priceless. One of the biggest $5K bargains I've ever had. First got it
when started refoofing the 40-ft eave height barn.

It weighs something over 12,000 lb...and looks like this one
http://www.aerialsales.com/jlg-jlg-40h-manlift-16.html