George Bray

Default How to wateprooof your laminate flooring

Grunff wrote in message ...
Christian McArdle wrote:
Just glue the boards with PVA to provide better sealing. Wipe up spills as
soon as they happen.

I'll second that - I think this is more effective than trying to
waterproof the edges.

Thank you for this suggestion. I wonder if PVA will co-exist
satisfactorily with wood preservative if I decide to soak the fibre
board core with preservative as stage 1. PVA would then replace my
idea of using silicon mastic as I join the boards together. I'll
experiment with some test pieces before deciding on my final approach.

I also noticed that the B&Q special offer laminated flooring is not
displayed on the diy.com website, but it was advertised in the
national UK press.

It's 6.5mm stock described as Floormaster Laminated Flooring - special
buy - glue free - AC3 - 10 year domestic guarantee - heavy domestic
use. Just £3.96 per square metre.

If the normal thickness is 7mm, then this is probably also 7mm but
they might have described it as 6.5mm in order to keep happy the
people who prefer to pay a higher price, believing that you only get
what you pay for.

Regards
George