Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Majority fear mass shooting in their community: poll

On Friday, September 20, 2019 at 11:13:10 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 09/20/2019 12:41 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
I believe fivethirtyeight.com takes the sampling methodology into account
when it rates surveys. It's got a raft of factors it considers when
judging the quality of survey results.

Silver had a rather red face a couple of years ago, iirc.

And he copped to it honestly.

Interpretation of statistics is where most people go wrong. Certainly
the popular press has little clue about how to present statistical
results. If I had a dollar for every time they've proclaimed some
conclusion that was within the error bars of the study, I could retire.

Cindy Hamilton