Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default My garage has an Asbestolux? ceiling.

"Mike Halmarack" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:56:15 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Friday, 20 September 2019 13:43:29 UTC+1, Mike Halmarack wrote:
So do the other 27 flat owners in this block, as far as I'm aware.
I want to work in the garage, so can I have it plastered over, or does
it need to be removed completely?
A very nice old neighbour told me I should let sleeping dogs lie.
But then, I don't think he wants to tinker about in his garage.

It's only a hazard if it's releasing fibres. As long as it stays intact
it's ok. Paint or plaster help seal it up.

Can ayone recommend the most suitable paint for this purpose?
That is perhaps one with an empahsis on it's sealing, barrier-like
qualities rather than decorativeness?

Doesn't have to seal, just keep the fibres in place.