Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] millinghill@yahoo.com is offline

Default alternatives to roof gutter on a shed?

Hi,
Just built a 9x16 shed, raised up 12" on sonotube foundations at the corners and middle. I'm hoping to avoid adding a rain gutter because I hate cleaning the leaves out of it. Neighbors suggested:
1. put a wide row of pavers around the shed perimeter to prevent the water from washing out the ground, but not sure how wide that should be.
2. put a wide row of decorative gravel or mulch, but that sounds like a maintenance headache.
I figure a bunch of readers must have had similar experiences.
Advice and suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,
Theodore.