Lar

Default Advice on home repairs before selling?

In article ,
says...
We are considering selling our house. There are some major projects (i.e.
putting a bedroom and additional bath in the basement) and some minor prouects
(i.e. calking, painting, etc.) that we are considering doing to up the resale
value of the house.

I was wondering if there is an information source that I can read to get advice
on what should be done. In other words, what should we focus on to get the
biggest bang for our buck??

Kind of an open ended question, I realize, but if you don't ask you don't get a
"yes", I figure!

Thanks.

The potential buyer will have a WDI or WDO report made out to look for
potential wood destroying insects/organisms. Two things seen often that would
be reported on the reports that are easily avoided would be (1)Faulty Grade,
where the soil (or even mulch in a flower bed) is higher than the top of the
foundation making it conducive conditions for termite entry and moisture in
the wall and would be suggested to be removed and (2) tree limbs/shrubs
touching the house (conducive conditions to attracting carpenter ants) I get
many calls where a WDI report showed a carpenter ant was seen on the house
and the inspector now insists on a carpenter ant treatment for the house even
though he has no idea where the nest may be, more than likely it was a
foraging ant that could of come as far away as 100 feet that just used to
tree limbs to get onto the structure.
but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!