longshot

Default Advice on home repairs before selling?

Regarding the basement, I don't know what code is in your area, but where

live, a basement cannot be counted as living space unless the home was
originally constructed that way. It can be listed as "finished", but

nothing
more. Thus, all improvements go towards sellability, but do not reap

dollar one
for increasing living space as the finished rooms cannot be counted as

bedrooms,
or a family room, although, I do believe they can count the additional
bathroom....

In Indiana the basement must be a walk out daylight basement for the space
to count as "living space"

(my wife is a realtor) HTH
Rob