Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Maytag gas range problem

On Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 1:19:06 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/19/2019 12:46 PM, Wade Gattett wrote:
On 9/19/19 12:14 PM, Bob G wrote:
replying to KW, Bob G wrote:
No idea how to fix it.Â* I'd consider getting a cheap UPS to plug it
into if
you get frequent outages.

You should have hit SEND right after your first sentence ;-)

If there is space to put one, it may actually work. Gas ranges don't
take much power. We get an occasional 5 second blip and the clock has
to be reset. If the oven was out of use for four hours and you have a
half baked cake, it would be a loss.

It's a possible solution, you and the other poster are right, a
gas stove doesn't take much power, it's 120V. My only concern
would be where do you locate the UPS at the stove and how hot it
gets when the oven is in use. Me, I'd probably just put up with it.