Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BBC outside Broadcasts Why?

In article ,
charles wrote:
Youngster. None at all until I was 8 or so, and they built a local BBC
TV transmitter.

We didn't get anything in Edinburgh until Coronation year - I was 13!

Didn't realise the capital was so much later than Glasgow. The temporary
Aberdeen one at Redmoss was in place for the coronation too.

My parents didn't buy a tv set until about 1960, we watched the
Coronation in a friend's house. The room was packed

Father was in the motor trade and went to the London show each year, so
saw TV at his sister's place, long before it made it up north. And saw it
as a way of getting out taking the family to the cinema. So got one as
soon as it arrived. ;-)

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses. *

Dave Plowman London SW