Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default More news the BBC and guardian will ignore...

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 22:04:29 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 18/09/2019 12:47, T i m wrote:

So, AFAIK, nothing has been done about the parking scheme because in
reality, it would make the lives of many many people more complicated
and expensive and so few returned the poll.

Around my way a similar poll about parking had a good response. Possibly
because many people realised that similar schemes in the town had
resulted in residents having to pay for the permits plus it didn't
guarantee a parking space, let alone one outside their own house.

Yes, that was my reply when a local Counselor asked me.

As a result the idea about resident parking permits was dropped.

As it should, when only a minority show an interest in it. ;-)

However, if a Brexiteer was counting the votes, a return of 3 for
versus 2 against out of a population of 10,000 would mean it would be
carried. Democracy in action etc. ;-)

Cheers, T i m