Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BBC outside Broadcasts Why?

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 16:10:50 +0000, Jethro_uk wrote:

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 16:50:39 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
What is the point of spending TV license money Broadcasting outsides
simply for the effect of it. What a load of garbage.

Very true. Move Wimbledon into a studio. You just know it makes sense.

I'd be more than happy to move Wimbledon to the bin ...

Nothing against tennis or it's devotees personally, but when - in 2019 -
programmes are still being bumped for the ****ing tennis, it reminds me
how much I detest sport on TV. A hatred borne of (a) not really liking
sport at school and (b) a childhood of missed TV thanks to sport
overrunning, or simply just being there. Made all the worse with only 3
channels to chose from.

You had 3 channels? We only had one, until I was eight.