Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More news the BBC and guardian will ignore...

On Wednesday, 18 September 2019 17:04:35 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
It would be better for the enviroment if the majoroty of petrol/diesel
cars were banned from cities. you either get an electric car or learn
how to walk or bike it.

And then presumably ban gas boilers too? They are also a major source of
pollution in towns.

Are they, never heard that POV before.

Electric cars look like a nice solution at the moment. Wait until they
become the norm, and government has to raise taxes from them in the same
way as they do from IC engined ones. Or have to put up other taxes.

yes I know, I have expected them to do that for some time now.