Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Storage

DerbyDad03 wrote:

See-through is key.

I recently bought a 25-pack of 4 oz specimen containers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2LVZVJ

I sorted my mixed batches of spare nuts, bolts, washers, etc. into them.
I store them up-side down on an eye-level shelf. A quick scan of the
see-through containers and I can quickly find the hardware I need.

I don't have spare nuts, bolts, washers, etc. I have sorted inventory.
I told my sister I may have $600 worth of hardware, but I have $1000
worth of inventory because it's sorted and labeled.

I have a wire shelving unit outside the shop. I use a few of these for larger
odds and ends and parts:

https://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-205.../dp/B002BA5F6G

I've been avoiding large plastic drawers, knowing that they tend to sag
quite easily. How have those held up?

Puckdropper